Susan MacFarlane, LL.B., Ph.D. WRITING ● RESEARCH ● EDITING
Susan MacFarlane is a Vancouver research lawyer and editor providing research and writing services to lawyers and publishers. She performs legal research, legal writing, and editing for publication.
Having a professional research lawyer write legal memos and arguments saves lawyers time and ensures that the task is done well. Today's wide range of electronic legal research services, as well as library resources, can be overwhelming for lawyers who don't do legal research often.
● Research lawyer called to the Bar in British Columbia, Canada
● Ph.D. in English, expertise in textual analysis and writing
● Freelance editor for over 20 years
● Volunteer board member with non-profit organizations
● Former Chair, CBA-BC Legal Research section
● Contributor to the Law Society's Practice Checklists Manual, CLE's Civil Jury Instructions,
Canada Law Book's The Annotated British Columbia Society Act, among others
● Author of articles on legal topics for lawyers and the general public
● President, PLEA, Professional Legal Education Co-Operative Association of Vancouver
● Member: Law Society of British Columbia
Canadian Bar Association